Footer Ad Test
Quite a few subscribers have been contacting me about the footer ad I’ve been testing on this blog recently.
It has been set to appear once every ten visits (there are a ton of options built into it to set it for whatever you want including testing different ads). On the visit where it appears you’ll see a little ad slide up from the bottom offering you the ability to subscribe to my list.
To all those who’ve asked about it, I’ve only been able to respond that it is just in the testing phase and was not available for purchase at the time. Graham Cox simply contacted me and sent me a copy to try it out during its beta testing phase.
He is releasing it today as Ultimate Footer Ads.
Some of the features it has are:
- Works with virtually all autoresponder services – including Aweber, GetResponse and Email Aces.
- Fully customizable Ads- including the headline, call to action, font style, font size, colors and more!
- Create and add your own custom graphics templates – simply drop your template into the script directory and it will automagically appear in your admin panel, ready for you to use.
- Unlimited Domain License – profit exponentially by using UFA on all your sites.
- Two different Ad Types: Standard (clickable) Ads and Opt-In Ads – redirect traffic to your offers or generate leads. Or rotate both types…it’s up to you.
- Total Control of how often your ads display – multiple options for how often return visitors see your ad, including ‘Always‘, ‘Never‘ and ‘Once every X visits‘
- Split Test Multiple Ads – Test 2 or more ads to exponentially boost conversions.
- Rotate Multiple Ads – Show different ads to return visitors and test different offers.
The normal price is $47, but you can get it for $27 till March 19th through my link (the page still says $47 but make sure it says $27 when you get to the order link).
How has my test worked out? So far this little footer ad has produced an extra 159 subscribers…and that is using a GENERIC version that comes with the kit.
A couple of people even commented that they didn’t think it could work because the version I used didn’t even tell you what you got for free when you subscribed.
But I didn’t want to spend much time in setting it up to try it out (basically about 10 minutes to install it and used the graphics which came with it). That is a much more fair test of the software than me getting some custom designed graphics done for it.
Since I’ve seen how many subscribers it has produced I will eventually get some graphics designed for it. I have no doubt this will improve the results. In addition I’m going to test it on more sites.
Is it for everyone? No. Obviously if your site isn’t generating very many visitors yet, it won’t work for you. No traffic means no one sees the ad. But if you have a decent amount of traffic this is less intrusive than a popover…and it’s worth a test.
Remember the price should show as only $27 when you get to the order form (instead of the $47 on the sales page).
- What Are You Testing Today?
- PlugIm Test Results
- Free Multivariant Testing for Blogs
- Beginners Guide to Tracking Your Stats
- Successful and Failed Experiments