Your New Membership Site in 2009
As I discussed in my video from last week, now is the time to make changes for next year.
For me, this means focusing even more on continuity income. One of my projects this week is getting more “bonus content” uploaded for my Monthly Mentor Club (which will be done and available to all current members within a couple of days). In addition there will be a price increase for new members at the end of January for this site (current members keep their rates of course).
And as I talked about in the video, you’re going to see me focus more on passive monthly incomes. This includes both affiliate programs that pay monthly in addition to starting membership sites where OTHER people produce the content.
Something we often don’t think about is just because it’s your membership site doesn’t mean you have to be the content producer.
Here are a few content ideas to get others to produce your content for you:
1. Interviews – instead of producing your own content, do an interview every month for your members. MANY membership sites are based on this principle, and it’s a very easy content creation model.
2. Private Label Rights - If you’re like many internet marketers, you’ve purchased PLR content from sources and it’s gathering dust on your hard drive. Instead of just letting it sit there, put it together in an organized fashion for a memberships sequence.
3. Public Domain Materials – You can put together your own unique products out of public domain materials (and you’d be surprised what all is out there). For example, one of my earlier ebooks was Scientific Internet Advertising where I took Claude Hopkins original “Scientific Advertising” book and added in my comments of how it applied to the Internet.
4. Find Experts to Produce Material for You Free – You could request columns and content from experts in your market. Maybe that expert regularly produces videos and this one writes content for their newsletter. Perhaps you get an excerpt for 5 of these different experts each month. Why would they do this for free? More exposure. With each element they would likely have larger courses they sell they could promote at the end of the excerpt they provide for you.
5. Or Pay Experts for Their Content – I’ve had several cases just this past year where people have licensed some of my content for their own site. In a couple of cases, they were paying monthly for some of my print newsletter content. In other cases, they were paying to license other materials. You could come up with a similar approach in your niche.
6. Pay Experts to Write For You – You can hire others to write your content for you. Sometimes it’s shocking just how little people will charge to write entire ebooks for you through sites such as Elance and others. Negotiate to get them writing special reports for each month on the subject (get at least 2 experts in case one flakes out on you).
7. Member Generated Content - For example, there is a site that gives traffic generation tips each month. Where does most of the content come from? It comes from the members making suggestions. You could do this in any market. Then give prizes for the best content submitted (free memberships, cash, prizes, etc.). You could even ask for videos on the subject as the content you’re looking for.
Another mistake we make as product developers is overcomplicating our projects. I do it. My clients do it. Just this morning I responded to two different clients that they needed to simplify their thinking and their projects. Why? Complicated projects take months to get up and running when those easier projects may be up and running within the week (or at most the month). That means you finish one complicated project while someone focusing on easier projects just finished their 3rd or 4th one. Or even worse, maybe you never finish your complicated project…
KEEP IT SIMPLE.
That’s a rule I repeat constantly even to myself. I can’t just talk about others because I do it also. I overcomplicate my own projects slowing myself down. Keep it simple.
Now let me share an example of a simple project…
Recently I bought rights to 2 top of the line membership courses (they’re both incredible material – with one even including a full membership script). They BOTH teach how to create simple membership sites that produce a passive monthly income while having others create your content for you.
Right now you can get a 2-for-1 special. Simply use this link to find out more about starting your own simple membership site
The sales site you’ll see only talks about one of the courses, but you will receive both inside of the membership page.
This is your chance to setup your own automated membership site…Related Entries:
- Which Membership Site Will You Start?
- Membership Sites and Valuable Content
- Fixed Term or Forever Profits?
- Special Club Announcement
- Continuity is King