How to Write a JV Email
Some people think you can setup an affiliate program and just wait for the sales to roll in. It doesn’t work that way. The best affiliates…the ones you make you real money…have to be contacted. The easiest contact method of course is by email. The key with email is to be convincing, and keep it very concise. Don’t ramble!
Get to the point and make your benefit rich pitch as quickly as possible (I learned this after reading through thousands of joint venture emails and figuring out exactly which ones got my attention).
Here are 8 rules of JV emails:
1. Personalize the email. Use their name and also make a quick mention of something about their site, something you thank them for, and what makes them outstanding (a little flattery never hurt).
2. Keep it short. Four page emails get deleted. You’re writing to busy people, so keep it short and simple. Edit your email ruthlessly down to the essentials.
3. Get to the point. Copy the media style of Who, What, When, Where, and Why. Tell the whole story in one paragraph of two sentences or less at the beginning.
4. Use specific numbers when possible. What conversion rates has your site tested at? What kind of profit per visitor can they expect? Remember to keep this updated as the number will go up when using endorsements.
5. Remember the two motivations. They want more money and they want to look good to their audience (help their audience). You need to mention both.
6. Offer a free copy of your product. Any good marketer will always want to see your product before recommending it to their list.
7. You do it all. Have tools ready to go. Offer to work with them and help them with whatever they need in the promotion.
8. Provide contact information. This includes your email and phone number (cell phone). Make it easy to contact you.
Example JV Email
Here is an example JV email I’ve used before:
I’m a subscriber of your _____________ newsletter. I noticed on your site that you promote ___________ products (put the name of someone’s affiliate program in that blank).
I would love to do a joint venture with you on my brand new product at __________________.com. This product is totally unique in the marketplace because of ____________.
My normal affiliate program for this site pays out 50% commissions. Instead of normal affiliate commission, I’d like to offer you a special deal. I’d like to pay you 65% of the money on this product. It sells for $97, so this equals $63.05 per sale.
Plus, you’ll receive 30% commissions when those customers buy other products I have available. As an example, if you refer 50 customers, you’ll earn $2,910 immediately. You’ll also continue earning 30% on backend sales to these customers.
My conversion rate on this site is a very high 2.8%. I also capture 33% of the emails of the people who visit the site and use a complete system to follow-up
on them for additional sales.
My affiliate program is tracked by a third party at http://www.netofficetoolbox.com and you can login at any time to check the stats and any commissions owed.
The sign-up page for the program is at: http://www.directlinktosignup.com
If you’re interested, give me a call on my cell phone at 000-000-0000, or you can email me directly at email@example.com
P.S. If you’d like to try out the product, simply shoot me an email or give me a call. I’ll send you out a copy immediately…no charge of course!
This article is an excerpt from my Email Marketing Mastery course that shows you step-by-step how to build your email lists, grow your relationship with your subscribers, and make winning offers to your list. Find out more here…Related Entries:
- 10 Tips to Earn More Affiliate Income
- Fonzie and the Email Maniac
- 5 Keys to Making Money With Affiliate Programs
- A Business You Can Start From Home
- How to Choose A Profitable Market